380mm x 508mm MADE IN USA PEDAL BOARD WITH RISER AND PROFESSIONAL CARRYING BAG. INCLUDES BUFFER BAY 6 (BUFFER AND PATCH BAY)
Dave Friedman has been building pedal boards for over 27 years. From the fancy, ultra complex, to the simplistic pedal boards, Dave has seen and designed them all for the who's who of the industry.
When it came time for Dave to design his own line of pedal boards, everything a touring or home guitar player actually needs was meticulously thought out and addressed.
While most pedal boards have either a flat or a slanted surface, the TOUR PRO boards are designed with two tiers, a bottom section that is flat and a top section that is angled (with all the holes needed for easy cable routing).
This two tier design allows a guitar player to have access to all pedals on the board, without ballerina style, toe-extending dance moves. And, to address the need for Wah and/or Volume pedals, the TOUR PRO 1520 includes a detachable riser, which can be mounted in various locations on the bottom tier (yes - we thought of left footed guitar players too).
Many of today's pedal board packages include a bag of some kind. But, what is the quality of the bag you are getting? In most cases the best you get is an economic-bag. For the Friedman pedal boards, Dave created a bag that is of the highest quality and most importantly, made to withstand the rigors of the road. Friedman pedal board bags feature thick padding on the inside, robust zippers, front pouch for your cables and even gold piping adorn the "FRIEDMAN" bag.
The TOUR PRO 1520 has mounting holes to mount the FRIEDMAN BUFFER BAY 6 (ultra transparent buffer with built-in patch bay) and the FRIEDMAN POWER GRID 10 (isolated pedal power supply with 10 high current 9V outputs) - sold separately.
Friedman pedal boards are MADE IN USA.
The TOUR PRO 1520 includes an accessory pack with:
- 1 x 50mm x 3m roll of black Velcro
- 10 x 196mm black wire-ties
- 12 x 2.5mm black wire-tie mounts with adhesive backing
To mount ANY power supply the TOUR PRO 1530 includes:
- 2 x 76mm Strip of 250 Count Dual Lock by 3M
- 2 x 76mm Strip of 400 Count Dual Lock by 3M
BUFFER BAY 6 BUILT IN
The Friedman Buffer Bay is a simple solution that incorporates Dave's wealth of experience and knowledge providing players an innovative tool which can be easily implemented to ANY pedal board or easily mount into any Friedman branded pedal board.
The Buffer Bay accomplishes two basic things.
First - it is an ultra transparent, natural and musical sounding buffer, which can be turned on or off using the provided switch. The buffer solves the fundamental problem of loading loss caused by interconnected cables and some pedals. This "loss" siphons your guitar of fidelity, tone and volume level. This problem occurs even if all the pedals used are true bypass and the more pedals and longer the cable runs, the greater the losses.
The Buffer Bay 6 circuitry, when engaged, sounds identical to your guitar straight into the amp! You can access the buffer using the buffers IN connector on one side of the Buffer Bay and Buffer Out on the other side.
Second - the Buffer Bay is a patch bay with the following benefits:
- Cleans up all of the connections on your pedal board.
- Allows for tighter pedal placement on the board (you no longer need to access the jacks on certain pedals).
- Lets you have all cables from your board in the same location allowing neater chord runs on stage.
- Your pedal chain in permanently connected making setup and takedown quick and painless.
- Saves the life of the jacks on your pedals by not plugging in cables ever y time you play.
- Easily configure your input or output in hard to reach places.
The Buffer Bay 6 includes 5 identical 1/4" TRS (tip, ring, sleeve) in and out connections and a Buffered TS (tip, sleeve) connection (can be turned ON/OFF via switch). It also provides a 7 pin MIDI thru connection. The Buffer Bay 6 can be used for a wide variety of connection schemes. Once the Buffer Bay is configured on your board, simply plug your guitar and amp in and you no longer have to fight with your first and last pedals. Using an extra patch cable you can easily go from using an amp with an effects loop to using one without.
See image diagrams for the various ways you can configure the Buffer Bay 6.
- Ultra transparent, natural and musical sounding buffer
- 5 identical 1/4" TRS (tip, ring, sleeve) in and out connections
- Buffered TS (tip, sleeve) connection (can be turned ON/OFF via switch)
- 7 pin MIDI thru connection
So you can buy a cheap pedal board only to replace it later, or buy a Friedman now and enjoy it forever!